Tuesday 7 May 2019

Leaf Lace Socks

Leaf Lace Socks by Knitting Emporium on ravelry
My newest design is inspired by the leaves that we find all around us. I went out sketching recently on a lovely winter's day and the result was this pattern.

The stitch patterns are from Hitomi Shida's Japanese Knitting Stitch Bible . I like to play with the patterns and mix and match them to suit my design, which is what I have done here.


The socks are knitted top down in the round with a heel flap and turned heel. I know you should use wool with something in it to make the toes and heels sturdier but I love the feel of 100% wool so I have gone with Bergere de France Merinos 2.5 for these but any 4 ply sock yarn in a solid colour would be suitable. Here is a copy of the pattern information page.




Link to Pattern on ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/leafy-lace-socks-3






No comments:

Post a Comment

Illusion Knitting

Elephant in Illusion Knitting Illusion knitting is the easiest thing and also highly effective. You knit fabric in two row stripes. On the r...